Swift Hide Processing Facility
The new hide processing facility was constructed on a Greenfield site at the Swift complex Dinmore.
MPN structural services included:
- Advice regarding materials and coatings for each component for the facility were selected to withstand the highly corrosive environment.
- Hide conveyor system suspended from the roof structure throughout the facility to minimise obstructions on the facility floor.
- A racking system designed specifically for hide storage.
- Post tensioned slab on ground to minimise floor floor joints and reduce the long term maintenance requirements.
- Curved roof to match the existing buildings on the site.
- 8 reinforced concrete ‘raceways’ for the processing of the hides.
Value: $21 million
Discipline: Civil & Structural