Northern Territory Secure Facilities
Northern Territory Secure Facilities was a PPP project worth $495 million.
The facility encompasses approximately 100 hectares of Greenfield site and comprises an 800 bed Correctional Centre (with capacity for an additional 200 beds), a 30 bed Mental Health and Behavioural Management Centre and a 50 bed Supported Accommodation and Programs Centre. Other subsidiary buildings include a staff development and training building, drug dog detection unit, horticulture building, laundry and kitchen.
MPN carried out the civil and structural design to include specific security requirements. Services provided include the following:
- Full 3D bulk and detailed earthworks modeling including erosion and sediment control design.
- Full 3D site services coordination including all in-ground services
- Stormwater quantity and quality modelling Including detailed stormwater analysis in 12D
- Road and pavement design
- Multiple fence designs and setout including the entire steel perimeter fence, and multiple internal steel and precast fences
- Structural design of over 60 buildings including post disaster shelters for cyclonic wind loads
- Integrated framing solutions including block, precast and steel to provide fast erection on site while meeting both architectural and client requirements
- Coordination with both interstate and international steel suppliers to ensure quality of product being supplied to site
Location: Howard Springs, Northern Territory
Value: $495 million
Client: Sitzler Baulderstone Joint Venture
for the Northern Territory Government